Common Questions Answered by our Tacoma Speeding Ticket Lawyer
Q: Is it worth paying an attorney to a fight a traffic ticket?
As any traffic layer in Tacoma will tell you, it is definitely worth it. A simple speeding ticket or any other traffic violation will impact your driving record and will probably cause your insurance rates to spike. Too many tickets will also jeopardize your license. In Washington State, we do not have a point system. However, four moving violations in 12 months or 5 tickets in 24 months will land you in probation. The probation will last 12 months and if you receive 2 more tickets during that period your license will get suspended for 90 days.
Call our Tacoma speeding ticket lawyer today at (206) 409-7608
Q: What if I just mitigate my traffic ticket?
A: A mitigated ticket will still go on your record
Mitigating ticket still means that you committed the infraction. Mitigating a ticket will simply save you “few bucks” on the fine. However, the ticket will still go on your record and it will remain there for three years. So the $20 a mitigation will save you will probably cost you over $1,000 in the long run.
Speak to our Tacoma traffic lawyer at (206) 409-7608
Q: How much time do I have to lose to fight my ticket?
A: If you hire an attorney, the answer is “none”
Traffic ticket are civil infractions. That means, if you retain a lawyer to represent you, your attorney can waive your presence in court because he or she will be appearing on your behalf. Many of our clients ask if their appearance in court will make a difference. The answer is “no.” Take our word for it, you appearing in court will make the judge want to dismiss your ticket.
Why waste your day in court? Speak to our Tacoma speeding ticket lawyer today at (206) 409-7608
Q: What is the best defense against speeding tickets in Tacoma?
A: Your best defense is a good Tacoma traffic lawyer?
As a traffic lawyer we spend a lot of time in courts. So we get to see many defendants trying to argue their own defenses. Needless to say, most of the time it does not go so well for them. We can probably save you some time and tell you which defenses don’t work with judges.
- “I was driving with the flow of traffic”
- “I was driving only (fill in the blank) miles above the speed limit”
- “I did not see the speed limit sign”
- “The officer was too far away and couldn’t see me”
- “The officer was ‘hiding'”
Will not work!
Leave the legal work to your Tacoma speeding ticket lawyer. Call us at (206) 409-7608
Type of Traffic Infractions our Tacoma Traffic Attorney Handles:
- Disobeying Road Sign
- Disobeying Signalman, Officer, Firefighter, or School Patrol
- Driving on the Wrong Side of the Road
- Driving with Wheels off Roadway
- Failure to Dim Lights
- Failure to Keep to the Right
- Failure to Maintain Control
- Failure to Signal or Improper Signal
- Failure to Stop
- Failure to Yield
- Following too Closely
- HOV/Carpool Lane Violation
- Impeding Traffic
- Improper Lane Change or Travel
- Improper Turn
- Negligent Driving 2nd Degree
- Prohibited Turn
- Speed in Excess of Maximum Limit
- Speed too Fast for Conditions
- Speeding in a School Zone
- Straddling or Driving Over Centerline
- Wrong Way on a One-way Street or Rotary Traffic Island